L4 Cisco network engineer - LAN, WAN, CCIE
Work tasks and organize work based on priorities of projects assigned. On call for technical escalation that require subject matter expertise. Primary skill sets with Cisco Wireless LAN. Update procedures and guidelines for implementation and management of network as they relate to defined support plans. Update network diagrams as needed. Mentoring L2s for technical development. Responsible for the management of network support related to deliver performance, reliability and scalability of the network. Responsible for mentoring and cross training other members of the CBTS team in the area of expertise of the position to broaden the knowledge base within the team. Conduct network troubleshooting and handling of incident and problem managements as well as implement network changes as required.
Previous Job Experience
- Experience and expertise in Cisco LAN, WAN, Security
- Experience with Cisco ISE
- Experience using network analysis, management and performance monitoring tools to plan for growth, diagnose problems and determine source.
- Experience implementing VLAN technology in an enterprise environment
- Experience writing and troubleshooting firewall policies
- 40% - Incident and change escalation point for L2 / L3 team
- 30% - Using network analysis, management, syslogging and performance monitoring tools to diagnose problems and determine source.
- 20% - Change, Project and problem management
- 10% - Write, and maintain systems documentation and network diagrams.
Experience / Background
8 to 9 years
Accreditation / Certification / Licenses
- Cisco Certifications CCIE preferred
Escalation points for L2/L3 level technicians with on call responsibilities for subject matter expertise.
Special Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Working knowledge of MPLS, DS3, T1, OC3, ISDN, Frame Relay, SONET, ATM, and DSL and other bandwidth link specifications
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP enhancements such as multi-cast, QOS techniques, bandwidth and path reservation techniques.
- Working knowledge of the configuration and maintenance of routers, switches, and firewalls
- Familiar with both open-source and commercial sniffer products (tcpdump, wireshark)
- Experience with ISE Appliances
- Experience with 802.1x network configurations and troubleshooting on LAN switches and Wireless controllers
- Experience with Cisco Prime
- Experience with 802.1x client configurations on Windows and Mac
- Experience with Bluecoat/Bluecat proxy/dns products a plus
- Experience with Checkpoint/Cisco/Netscreen firewalls a plus
- Experience with Juniper ssl vpn product a plus
- Experience with F5 Big/IP a plus
AAP3 is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.