IT Network Lead
A rapidly expanding Cloud Business, which has received high levels of investment, is looking to employ a Network Team Leader to help continue the company's' outstanding services to domestic & international customers. Someone who has preferably progressed from the route of Engineer. In addition, who can take this knowledge and experience, to firstly, help advice engineers within the team and secondly, to orchestrate end-to-end service delivery to all customers.
You will join a global team of very capable network engineers, and be responsible for ensuring our hosted facilities are operating effectively, taking advantage of the latest technologies. You will have a strong technical background in enterprise data centre deployments with great customer service and communication skills to deliver both technical support and project capabilities.
You will also have Strong communication skills, with the ability to work in a high pressure, dynamic and rapidly growing environment. Also having the ability to work productively with others technical specialists e.g. Microsoft engineers.
How your role will look, day-to-day;
- Design and management of networks supporting SIP-based telephony products (Audiocodes, Cisco Call Manager).
- Managing network operations for enterprise data centre deployments.
- Working with open source and commercial network management tools.
- Leading defined team projects and activities, carrying out and directing other team members to carry out complex delivery and configuration activities, and resolving problems without guidance from a manager.
- Maintaining performance levels, which meets or exceeds standards as defined in the performance metrics.
- Communicating with customers, stakeholders and at all levels in the business.
The following skills are required. However, the company will not expect you have outstanding experience within each category, and will help to provide daily support in areas of weakness;
- Cisco experience in routing, switching, and firewall technologies.
- Cisco security (ASA firewalls, IDS/IPS).
- Cisco data centre network design and support.
- Experience of technology from leading vendors Juniper, F5 and Force10.
- Application load balancing technologies (F5, Barracuda).
- B2B Networks with complex security requirements.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious service provider in Bristol, with significant expansion plans for the coming years. You will join in a high responsibility and business critical role, therefore this is best suited to an individual with real drive and ambition. Looking to make the next step in their career and join a team that can offer an exciting long-term opportunity, benefits and challenge. Focusing on staff wellbeing and personal technical development is very important to them.
Cisco certifications are desirable and won't be held against applicants. However, at this level we would expect Candidates to have achieved CCNA status. Exposure to design and deployment of Microsoft products, especially Lync, Skype for Business and Exchange will make you stand out against the crowd.
As a full-time employee, you will benefit from BUPA Private Medical, Free Parking, 5% Personal Pension plan, Vitality Health Plan, Critical Illness Cover, Death in Service Cover, Income Protection Plan and 23 days holiday per year.
How do you apply? Just click on the apply button or contact me on .