My client is a South West Managing Agent for various properties including blocks of flats, converted houses of multiple occupation and modern housing estates; specialising in maintenance of internal communal areas and external open spaces.
The business, established in the 1970's now manages in excess of 200 blocks of apartments, containing over 3,000 units across the south west and its expertise continues to ensure lessees are treated fairly. The business continues to enjoy unrivalled growth in the area through the exceptional level of service and choice for developers, residents' management companies and landlords - adding value and peace of mind.
Currently seeking a Group Accountant to head up and oversee the financial affairs of the group. The successful applicant will report to the Directors, with responsibilities for all group businesses of which there are currently four producing an annual turnover fast approaching ??3,000,000
Key duties and responsibilities include:
* Production of Monthly MI to include management accounts and forecasts.
* Day-to-day management of cash-flow, prioritising of payments and credit control across the group.
* Liaising with Group Directors with strategy planning.
* Importing invoices from a linked bespoke software package.
* Quarterly VAT reporting.
* Monthly payroll production, pension and RTI reporting for all group companies.
* Monthly expenses processing.
* Recharges and intercompany transactions.
* Production of year end accounts and liaison with external accountants.
* Filling of annual returns with Companies House.
* Working with and overseeing part-time Ledger Clerk.
This role represents a great opportunity for an individual to work in a dynamic, financially stable and growing business whilst maintaining a broad level of technical responsibility found in an SME. Succession planning is of vital importance to the business and the role is expected to organically develop highlighting the importance of the accuracy of the financial information produced and the importance of this post to the Directors.
This is a highly reputable firm who will provide excellent remuneration, culture and career/personal development