Chief Executive Officer / CEO / Managing Director - Care
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Uphill, Weston-super-Mare, BS23
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 November 2016
The hospice exists to provide the very best care and support, free of charge, to individuals and their families who are living with life-threatening and life-limiting conditions. Few of us can begin to understand how it feels to be diagnosed with a life-limiting condition, but the hospice understands the need for the very best care and support. Working within a purpose built hospice and a growing community-based service, the company's team of staff delivers individualised palliative care at a time when families need them the most. Care is based on the simple idea that patients are ordinary people living with physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs.
The hospice covers a geographical area that extends from the outskirts of Bristol in the north to Burnham-On-Sea in the south, with Weston-super-Mare as the hospice's base. The hospice has a superb team of medical and non-medical staff, supported by an outstanding group of volunteers. Over the past 25 years we have worked hard to become appreciated and respected in the hearts and minds of our local communities.
This is an exciting time to join the Hospice as it prepares a new business and clinical strategy to meet changing patient needs in a rapidly changing healthcare economy. Changes in demographics and disease trends will challenge us to revise and develop our services to meet the needs of patients. The hospice has achieved much in the past twelve months in working towards this and they believe they they're now an efficient charitable organisation with an enviable financial base.
- As the CEO, you will inspire, motivate and lead a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, together with a committed supporter base.
- There are very few jobs like this one, so it will take someone very special to succeed in delivering the skilled, compassionate care that we're renowned for, linked with financial/commercial acumen.
- There are certainly plenty of challenges ahead as service demands rise and funding comes under increasing pressure. That's why you will need to be an outstanding planner and communicator who can inspire and empower your senior management team to meet every one of those challenges and shape our future based on a shared pursuit of excellence.
- The Hospice's aim is to be there when needed, which does not happen by chance. It requires a complex and well-managed business operation to deliver excellence in care, dynamism within our income generation team and a well-oiled back-office acting as an effective business enabler.
- As CEO, you will need a commercially focused approach with an appreciation of the demands of the charity sector, have already proven your ability to develop strategic plans across multi-functional teams and demonstrated a real aptitude in steering an organisation as it continues to grow.
- The CEO is at the forefront in raising our profile and developing long-lasting relationships with a broad range of external bodies. Excellent presentation and networking skills, are a pre requisite.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role, further details will then be sent to you by our client - please follow this information correctly.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Chief Executive, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Finance Officer, CEO, CFO, Managing Director, Care Director, Strategic Development Manager, Finance Director, Environment Sciences Manager, Director Environmental Sciences will also be considered for this role.