My client, a national leading manufacturing company within their respective industry, is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Logistics Supervisor for the fast paced and well established shippings department based in Dukinfield, Greater Manchester. Salary of GBP19,000 working 40hrs per week (mon-fri).
Reporting directly into the Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the administration and distribution process for major national accounts. You will enjoy that all orders processed are ready for despatch in line with agreed SLAs and that all customer expectations are exceeded.
Duties aren't exhaustive but will also include:
- Supervision of a small admin and despatch team.
- Understanding and implementing varying goods in procedures stipulated by National Accounts.
- Overseeing the loading of pallets and wagons and maintaining accurate paperwork systems.
- Overseeing the running of a busy packing department and maintaining a high level of quality control.
- Managing the freight companies and overseeing the administration within the department and liaising with Freight Companies and the National Distribution Centres.
- To ensure all goods In are received correctly and then distributed to the correct departments.
- Previous experience within a logistics position preferably with some degree of supervisory involvement.
- Strong administration skills.
- Must to be organised and assertive, able to use own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment whilst working towards KPIs
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.