Continuous Improvement Leader / Business Process Development
Job Title: Continuous Improvement Leader/Manager
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. The Company is currently celebrating 125 years of growth and success and remains steadfast to serving its global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is the lean manufacturing/continuous improvement leader for one of the Company's UK manufacturing sites. This person will drive both tactical and strategic programs encompassing all elements of the Company's Business System including the practical application of Lean operations, operational excellence and Six Sigma tools and techniques. The focus will be on improving the operational excellence aspects of the commercial, manufacturing and supply chain operations with regards to safety, quality, delivery, productivity/efficiency and overall profitability. This role will be the Continuous Improvement advocate for the Company, creating a propelling force for improvements across the site.
- Directly support the site in achieving strategic deployment objectives by developing a site specific Lean transformational Roadmap. This will include the development of Lean/Six Sigma capabilities, conducting on-site workshops, kaizen events and assessments.
- Improve key business metrics of OTD, productivity and EBITDA by leading, implementing, and supporting Lean and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Drive the operation to reduce scrap, improve inventory turns, ensure 95% on-time delivery to customer want date, improve and sustain product availability and reduce manufacturing lead times.
- Promote and facilitate shop floor work flow analysis and creating/implementation of standard work to achieve improvement priorities.
- Coordinate and track the monthly strategic deployment activities and initiatives in support of meeting business metrics, Annual Improvement Priorities (AIPs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ability to influence and lead change throughout the organisation.
- Drive "best practices" in all areas of responsibility.
- Lead efforts to reduce set up time and increase throughput to achieve and sustain 95% OTD through the use of deployment and strategic business growth.
- Coach other leaders on Lean daily management practices to drive sustained improvements in KPIs.
- Implement Lean processes in accordance with Rexnord's Lean Implementation Plan (Standard Work, 6S, Value Stream Mapping, Problem Solving, Kaizen and Pull Principles).
- Oversee organisational participation in Lean initiatives to achieve key metrics.
- Drive associate participation (including process experts) in Lean initiatives.
- Promote GEMBA teaching and leadership skills.
The Successful Applicant
To make an impact and be successful in this role you will ideally have the following-
- Bachelor's Degree ideally in a relevant engineering/manufacturing associated discipline
- Certification in CI methodologies & actively practicing (eg Six Sigma Green Belt level)
- Advanced working knowledge of Lean manufacturing and/or Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Proven knowledge of utilising structured problem solving methodologies
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and facilitation/training skills
- Proficiency in project management
- Financial literacy
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office software in particular, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of MRP / Production control systems
- 5 years+ experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment with proven experience in leading and implementing assignments in Lean manufacturing/continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Ability to teach/train in Lean manufacturing and Kaizen tools
- Bias for decisive action
- Customer and results orientated
- Demonstrated leadership
- Composure & perseverance
- Able to deal and leverage ambiguity to create solutions
- Organisational agility to drive success
- Ability to influence others through adaptive leadership style
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover letter for consideration.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Continuous Improvement Specialist, Operational Development, Business Process Development, Manufacturing Continuous Improvement Manager will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Continuous Improvement Leader / Business Process Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly