New opportunity not to be missed! G’s Fresh has a unique opportunity available for a Production Worker to join our Littleport Mushroom Farms. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary - this is an exciting opportunity to develop your career!
At G’s, our philosophy is to be recognised as outstanding, market-led growers and suppliers of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything we do. G’s is an incredibly exciting place to work. Being at the leading edge of modern food production means it’s fast-paced, stimulating and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what’s right for G’s and our customers. We can only achieve this through the dedication of our people, underpinned by our values; Trust, Efficiency, Quality, Expertise, Can-do
What are the responsibilities of the Production Worker?
- Responsible for ensuring crops are harvested according to harvesting instructions, targets, schedules, product mixes and quality specifications.
- Providing general agricultural duties around the site; including site cleanliness and maintenance of hygiene standards.
- Actively employing the Group “Values” and Company policies and procedures in all areas of work.
- Ensure all crop is harvested according to harvesting targets, schedules and product mixes as allocated by your Supervisor.
- Follow picking plan and instructions to ensure greatest farm yield, efficiency and quality.
- Ensure correct protective clothing is worn at all times.
- Ensure good personal and working hygiene practices in order to meet customer specifications and Food Safety regulations at all times.
- Actively participate in operational improvement projects as required.
- Carry out any other duties that may be required by your manager including re-work of product, cleaning and hygiene work.
- Ensure work area is clean, embracing a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure that at the end of production days, equipment is returned to it’s correct place and/or washed correctly ready for re-use.
What skills do I need to have to become a Production Worker?
- Keeps informed, involves others
- Leads by example, diligent, observant and involved
- Works in adherence to UK H&S Law and the H&S (UK) Manual, safety management system and local risk control measures
- Acts on safety reports and information
- Reports accidents and incidents; near misses and unsafe practices
- Responsible for their own actions
- Open-minded, open to change and challenge
- Lean thinker, seeks continuous improvement in everything
More about the Production Worker role
Your personal development within the job-role will be monitored on an individual basis, and will contribute to your appraisals with your Team Leaders. An appraisal is a reflection on your own personal merit, covering items such as attendance, attitude and the quality of your work.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join Europe’s leading fresh produce companies as our Production Worker.
G’s are an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Production Worker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly