Arriva TrainCare require an experienced Technical Inspector to join the Light Maintenance Engineering team based in Crewe, this is a permanent position, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, day shift.
Arriva is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
Arriva TrainCare provides Light and Heavy Train Maintenance services to the railway industry from its five strategically located maintenance depots. We are a successful, rapidly evolving organisation and currently employ over 240 people. Our light maintenance teams deliver high quality maintenance services, work to laid down standards and procedures and play an active part in continuously improving product quality.
You will have proven experience within a similar role in the rail industry and have very good mechanical and electrical knowledge. As our Technical Inspector you will be responsible for all technical engineering support to achieve the highest possible performance and reliability, to include inspection, fault diagnosis and solution development to technical and tooling issues.
Key duties as our Technical Inspector:
- Liaise with Service Delivery Leader regarding workload for team, detailing requirement and deliverables for that shift.
- Ensure that safety procedures and documents are adhered to in accordance with VMI and local instruction
- Provide technical support to fleet staff in the form of written technical advice such as briefs, drawings, higher-level fault-finding and repeat defect investigations.
- Carry out finished work inspections and ensure all relevant documentation is completed and all materials are captured prior to the vehicle entering traffic during final inspection.
- Develop, maintain and deliver an action plan to improve reliability and performance for fleet improvement.
- Undertake regular quality audits of the maintenance work, and prepare reports on the findings.
- Undertake post incident technical investigations to determine the direct, underlying cause of the safety incident.
- Liaise with customer technical departments as necessary on any required work streams.
- Ensure the safe movement of vehicles whilst complying with the Safe Method of Work procedure. Assist with vehicle test runs as required.
- Assist team members with exam work for the purpose of electrical testing, being the Authorised Person.
- Coaching and mentoring of team members to develop the technical ability of technicians.
- Ensure depot safety rules and regulations are adhered to at all times including regular inspection of protection systems.
- Advice on the upkeep of maintenance of blok cards, work breakdown structure and project plans to the ATC standard
- Provide support in the mobilization, delivery and close out of works contracts with ATC
- Ensure work locations are fit for purpose and compliant with relevant standards
- Drive continuous improvement innovations.
Our ideal Technical Inspector will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience, involvement and understanding of rail vehicle maintenance activities
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and provide technical solutions to problems
- Understanding of engineering, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Understanding of production efficiency techniques
- Understanding of applicable health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
As well as the following key skills and behaviours:
- Minimum apprentice trained CI fitter / electrician with 5 years’ experience of working both diesel and electric traction
- Competence Assessor A1 / A2 trained, or working towards
- Good standard of education, preferably HND or higher in engineering discipline
- Able to problem solve, in a wide variety of project delivery situations, against planned delivery dates that must be met
If you think you have what it takes to become our new Technical Inspector then please click ‘Apply’ today and don’t miss out!
We do our very best to respond to all applications that we receive, however, if you have not received a response from Arriva Train Care after 8 weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you’re good you’re welcome.
Data Protection Act 1998
The Company needs to collect and use certain types of information about employees, in order to operate its business and to fulfil its legal obligations under the Data Protection Act.
The Company will hold such information on file for as long as it considers necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it has been obtained and to process (including disposing and destroying) it in accordance with the Data Protection Principles and the other requirements of the Act and any other procedures laid down by the Company for this purpose from time to time.
The Company will undertake all reasonable precautions at all times to ensure that the details recorded are correct and will guard information against any unauthorised access and use.