Java Developer, London (City), Full Time/Permenant offering a salary of £30,000 - £50,000pa dependent on experience + Bonus and Equity participation
AFT is a London based technology-focused trading firm. The core activity of the business focuses on developing innovative strategies in which technology processes can play a transformative role. We combine technologies and processes in ways that are currently uncommon in the financial marketplaces.
The ideal candidate would hold a degree in Computer Science, with an interest in financial markets and at least 1 year’s post-graduate commercial Java development experience. They are proactive and willing to work as part of a team; demonstrate passion and ambition to quickly build on and develop experience and skills within a fast paced and dynamic technology driven trading company.
Working within a small and growing firm brings benefits of gaining exposure to all parts of the business along with the opportunity and expectation to demonstrate individual flair and contribute to the growth of the company. This will naturally bring excellent opportunity for quick and fulfilling career progression working alongside talented and experienced industry professionals. We are looking for someone who will drive our business forward, bringing best-practices, experience and enthusiasm to the table in equal measure.
Role & Key Responsibilities:
Developing front and back office Java code to support algorithmic trading strategies.
- Producing industrial strength code from prototype/proof of concepts generated by Quantitative Researchers
- Building tools and processes to aid the trading team in the day to day execution
- Maintenance and upkeep of Production Servers (Windows and Linux)
- Active contribution to continuous improvements in technologies and methodologies used by the team
Required Skills & Technical Experience:
- Computer Science or related degree
- 3 Years commercial Java experience
- J2SE / J2EE
- SQL (MySQL specifically)
- Git / VCS
- Multithreading / Asynchronous Messaging
- JUnit + Mock frameworks
Useful Skills & Technical Experience:
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, Lambda functions)
- Windows/Linux Sysadmin
- Linux DevOps (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonar, Vagrant...)
- Desktop UI (JavaFX and/or Swing)
- OSX / IntelliJ
- Financial Services
- Spring/Spring Data/JPA/Hibernate
This position is paying an annual salary of £30,000 - £50,000 dependant on experience
- Annual Bonus
- Equity participation in the Company