Health & Safety Manager
Study Inn has an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager based in our Head Quarters in Coventry City Centre, travel may be required from time to time to our operating and developing centres. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of circa £30,000 per annum.
This role is ideal for someone who is currently working as a H&S Co-ordinator or advisor within the Construction Sector as this role is Construction Bias. This could be someone looking for that next step in their career and is keen to develop.
Study Inn provides student accommodation combining the security, quality and comfort of a luxury Hotel, with the fun and vibrancy of a University halls of residence. With over 60 years development and operational experience originating from a Hotel background, the opportunity to accommodate a niche market combining the luxury of a hotel with student halls of residence. Study Inn originated in Coventry in 2009 with the objective of creating the best quality serviced student housing available in the UK. Between 2009 and 2013 the Study Inn brand expanded opening three more centres in the heart of Coventry and new centres in Nottingham and Sheffield.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Manager with at least 3 years’ experience in a Co-ordinator / Advisor role or similar within the Construction Sector. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for their next step and interested in progressing their career with a company which is emerging rapidly. Our ideal candidate will come from a construction background that has experience in advising on H&S issues& Waste Management within that field. Our H&S Manager will have experience in dealing with CDM requirements, Construction Design Regulations (2007 & 2015) and be NEBOSH qualified at diploma or an equivalent Health & Safety qualification. They will also possess strong levels of organisational skills as an additional requirement would be to report to senior management on build progress.
Initial responsibilities of a Health & Safety Manager:
- Ensure that the companies Health & Safety Policies and procedures are reviewed at least annually and / or when there is a change in legislation and that the correct consultation with employees is undertaken.
- Manage Health and Safety from start to finish on our developments where we build them ourselves & via a sub-contractor.
- Conduct site spot checks on subcontractor projects to ensure full compliance.
- Manage the handover document control from contractor to operations
- To regularly review accidents, Near-misses and dangerous occurrence data to identify trends, issues and patterns of Health & Safety weaknesses.
- To develop and make changes to policies & procedures to improve Health & Safety performance and support the operations / construction team with implementation of any changes.
- To be an expert in the field of occupational safety and health and its management.
- Responsible for the holding and reporting of Health & Safety Data
- To ensure that fire safety management arrangements are in place for all areas where the company has fire safety management responsibility.
- Manage the correct disposal of waste for the business and renegotiate / tender new contracts for its disposal.
- To champion Green initiatives across the business
- Working closely with the operation and developments team to design emergency plans
- Where an accident or dangerous occurrence is reported, undertake all immediate necessary action to deal with the incident, support employees to ensure required actions are undertaken to comply with Health & Safety obligations in consultation with a senior manager.
- Provide detailed reports on all incidents to the senior management team where there has been a serious breach of H&S.
- To develop H&S training programmes in partnership with the Human Resources Manager. To consult on the requirement of external training requirements and coursers.
- Providing and delivering internal Health & Safety training to our teams where appropriate.
Benefits of working for Study Inn Include:
- 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced Christmas Leave – Not taken from annual entitlement
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme (dependant on position)
- Free City Centre Parking
- Free access to on site Gym facilities
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role of our Health & Safety Manager Position, then please click ‘apply’ now!