Operations / Area Manager
Study Inn has an exciting opportunity for an Operations / Area Manager to join the team due to our rapid expansion! Whilst you will be based from our head office in Coventry travel to our other sites on a weekly basis will be expected. You will be on a full time permanent contract, with a highly competitive salary of circa £30,000 per annum.
Study Inn is a new concept in Student accommodation and combines the security, quality and comfort of a Hotel with the fun and vibrancy of student halls or residence. We have extensive experience in designing, building and operating both hotels and private student halls of residence. Study Inn first opened in Coventry in 2009 with the objective of creating the best quality serviced student housing available in the UK. Between 2009 and 2013 we opened three more centres in Coventry and new Centres in Nottingham and Sheffield which have gained Study Inn a National and International reputation.
Our ideal Operations / Area Manager
Our ideal area candidate will be a strong people manager to drive service & standards across our sites. Having experience within the Hotel or student accommodation sector is an essential requirement for this role. You will also be able to demonstrate your commercial accruement in controlling cost.
Your responsibilities as our Operations / Area Manager:
- Keep in regular contact with the centre managers to give support, guidance and assistance. This may involve out of hours calls if needed.
- Ensure smooth running and appropriate staff coverage at all times through your Centre managers.
- Ensure all your sites inspections are carried out of our guest rooms/communal areas and these are submitted on time.
- Manage employee conduct and performance
- Drive excellent customer service through our people
- Maintaining and monitoring excellent cleanliness levels across our centres, through standards you set through your Managers
- Ensure that your team are dealing with student complaints and queries in a swift and professional manner
- Ensuring rent collections are organised and your teams are supporting Head office in receiving these by the required date set out in the license agreement.
- Ensure your sites are set up and coordinate their site supplies i.e. example linen, cleaning supplies and waste.
- Ensure your costs are being managed, with each site achieved the company set target
- Overseeing contracts required for your site and staying on top of renewals and ensuring the bets product and price is attained.
- Ensure support is given to the lettings team to ensure your sites are fully occupied for the duration of the license agreement.
To become our Operations / Area Manager you will need:
- Proven IT skills knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service skills both face to face, Telephone & Email
- Strong organisational and clear communication skills
- Ability to multi task and deal with customer and team requests
- Experience within an operational hospitality role
- Ability to manage teams of people
- All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered
Benefits of working for Study Inn Include:
- 28 days annual leave
- Enhanced Christmas Leave – Not taken from annual entitlement
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Competitive Salaries
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme (dependant on position)
- Free City Centre Parking
- Free access to on site Gym facilities
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Operations / Area Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Operations / Area Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly