Big Data Engineer - Banking
Big Data engineer, Spark, Yarn, Java, Python, Scala, puppet and Chef
I have a great opportunity to work for a top tier investment bank. My client is embarking on a major program within the Big data space. They require the skills of a highly technical Big data engineer who will be responsible for data wrangling in a big data environment as well as data preparation & feature creation for machine learning tasks.
- Gathering data from multiple sources, dealing with incomplete data, and difficult to match records
- Building REST interfaces which will allow Front End developers to access Back End data-science work
- Assessing data to determine if it is fit to carry out a task, and suggesting ways of working around issues that we might face
- Able to work with both Python and Scala,
- Good grasp of statistics to perform probabilistic matching of records
- Hands on experience of Spark/MapReduce
- Hands on experience with Pig/Hive
- Any experience with machine learning (Desired)
For more information please apply now.