Alternative has an opportunity for an Application Developer who would like to become a ServiceNow Technical Specialist. ServiceNow is the fast growing cloud-based IT Service Management solution used by thousands of companies over the world and the main system used by the customer services and operations teams at Alternative.
Alternative provides IT and Telecoms solutions to businesses ranging from cloud computing, LAN and WAN through to mobile, fixed line and VoIP. Technology is in our core and we offer a bustling and rewarding environment for anybody who likes new opportunities.
Alternative will provide extensive technical training on the ServiceNow platform as well as the opportunity to learn from more experience colleagues. Any prior experience of ServiceNow is not required, just the willingness to learn and join the community of ServiceNow specialists.
You will be allowed to grow to be the go-to person at Alternative for all technical queries about ServiceNow and you will work with the IT Development Manager, Business Analysts and Business Stakeholders to continuously expand and improve this platform. Further down the line there will be opportunities to work on any of the other Alternative Network systems.
- Work directly with users and business analysts to provide technical feedback on change requests and to help finalise application requirements.
- Develop change requests on the ServiceNow platform
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Work with the IT Development Manager to maintain extensive documentation for all projects.
- Write code to a high quality using tools, techniques, test cases and methods as directed by the IT Development Manager.
- Undertake tasks and follow up to make sure they are completed.
- Participate in at least one formal performance evaluation each year.
- Provide 2nd line support on ServiceNow issues
- Actively contribute and build a sense of teamwork and cooperation within your group and with other IT computing staff.
- Actively contribute to regular R&D session.
- Keep the IT Development Manager informed of requested changes in your technical area.
- Give the manager feedback about ongoing issues within the organization and share your concerns as they arise.
- To assist in deployments and updates of business applications, potentially outside business hours where necessary.
- Administrate your time against tasks accurately and timely.
- 1-3 year experience developing applications
- REST API's
- ServiceNow Administrator