IT Support Analyst (2nd Line)
Job Description for Technical Support Analyst
- Proactively monitor and identify any possible issues with the IT Infrastructure and resolve with minimal impact to business.
- Ensure that the IT policy is being adhered to and alert breaches to line manager.
- Aid/educate 1st line in the more difficult calls.
- To aid/learn from 3rd Line in maintaining IT infrastructure
- Windows Operating Systems
- Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Computer Hardware and its associated software including but not limited to Pc s, Laptops, Printers, PDA s/Smartphones/Data cards.
- Citrix, Terminal Severs
- Company AV Solutions
- Company Backup Solutions
Technical Awareness of:
- Domino Server 7/8.5
- Cisco Routers/Switches
- In addition to escalated and allocated calls within the service management system;
- To pro-actively administer user accounts and security access throughout the infrastructure. Eg Active Directory, Lotus Notes etc.
- Perform housekeeping, proactive monitoring of infrastructure to maximize end user availability and experience to systems, for example the day to day maintenance of:
- Windows Servers/AD
- Citrix Farm
- Anti Virus
- Optionally provide out of hours on call
- Complies with all Health and Safety policies and legislation in the performance of their duties and responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality and observes data protection guidelines.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties within the overall function commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
The Field team get involved with site mobilisations which include some Networking and telephony, and installations of hardware such as desktops, thin clents (i-gels), printers MFDs, wifi Routers etc. It would be good (but not necessarily essential) if the candidates have some experience of working in a Helpdesk environment, have understanding of ITIL practices and have used ServiceNow
- Competitive Salaries
- Overtime and Expenses
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexi Time