Product Manager (IT)
One of our prestigious clients within the high tech medical software industry business, specialising in application software for Kidney disease are looking for a clinically orientated Product Manager with 5 to 10 years of experience to join their team. The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and experience in improving workflows through technology and therefore must come from a strong technical background (but not necessarily from a development background)
As a Product Manager you will be managing the overall solution for a technical rich application supporting a renal clinical health management software application, for customers in North America, Europe and the southern hemisphere. Therefore some international travel may be required from time to time.
The successful candidate must be able to work alongside key technical staff to write, create, interpret potential interfacing and mapping documents for enhancements and future developments.
They should also demonstrate the following EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of operating in a client facing environment
- Strong IT awareness, especially in application management, databases and reporting
- Implementation of application languages
- Experience of working in Product Management Business Analysis or Presales on behalf of a solution vendor.
- The ability to capture client requirements and translate these to a technical team
- Exposure to web based global solutions
- The ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed team
- 5 to 10 years Product Management
- Experience of working with a healthcare software provider desirable but not essential
Strong analytical and organisations skills coupled with the ability to work independently
They should also demonstrate the following COMPETENCIES
- Work and collaborate as a specialist within a team of experts from different fields
- Analytical thinking and judgement
- Strong written skills
- Strong presentation skills with Visual Tools as well a verbal communication
- Identification of opportunities for technology to bring customers real benefit
- Conflict management and resolution
- IT infrastructure, technologies & software solutions
- Knowledge of medical interfaces including PAS/ADT, Labs, Document management, dialysis machines and the HL7 protocol.
- Microsoft tools, including Office Suite, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.
They should also demonstrate the following SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work within SME environment and be able to multi task
- Focussed and Diligent
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Requirements management and definition
- Self-starter and independent thinking
- Collaboration across regional and dispersed/virtual teams
- Business case and proposal development
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Knowledge of common IT infrastructure concepts, technologies & operation
The role can be broken down into the following key areas and my client will be looking for candidates that match the following:
Product Expert (~65%)
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the applications/interfaces and related modules.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements which may impact the product roadmap
- Develop an awareness of competitor products' strengths and weaknesses
- Work directly with customer to develop an understanding of how medical software can be used effectively in the Clinical environment
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology developments within the IT industry as they apply to the healthcare setting.
- Develop clinical/business case proposals based on ROI to customers
- Define and document new features and functionality for use by developers, QA, and marketing teams
- Maintain understanding of integration with other Healthcare applications and equipment
- Develop and maintain an awareness of competitor product strength and weaknesses.
Business Development/Presales (~10%)
- Support new client opportunities through RFI, RFP and other proposal processes through deep understanding of our product
- Demonstrate of product to new prospects
Relationship Management (~10%)
- Develop & maintain relationships with customers; eg lead service line Directors/Managers and Clinicians.
- Act as the voice of product users with all teams (development, support, sales etc.) inside the business
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers at all user levels to ensure the product relates to the tasks, problems and daily routines.
- Proactively work as part of a project implementation team to implement the product suite for a customer. Focusing on and identifying pain-points, opportunities, or inefficiencies where the product can be improved to add value or increase efficiency for end users. Including training on reporting/functionality.
My client is looking for someone who is immediately available but to get the right candidate on board they will be willing to work through the successful candidates notice period.
In return my client is willing to offer an attractive salary from GBP45,000 to GBP55,000 per year (depending on experience) with various key benefits:
- Location of work: Ipswich and London (as and when required)
- 23 days paid holiday
- Death in Service (DIS),
- Income Protection (iein cases of period of illness)
- Healthcare (post 3 months' probation period)
- Employer Pension contribution 3% to 5%