Environmental Stack Emissions Team Leader (MCERTS)
Environmental Stack Emissions Team Leader (MCERTS) - Warwick - National Grid
Salary: Circa GBP29 - 35k Dependent on experience + excellent benefits
Location: Warwick (CV34 6DA) - West Midlands - with some travel to other UK locations
We currently we have an exciting opportunity for a MCERTS certified Environmental Stack Emissions Team Leader based in Warwick to join our Asset Assurance team. This is a key role in our business providing technical capabilities developing, and evaluating delivery of environmental engineering and asset solutions for a range of technologies and disciplines associated with UK transmission plant and equipment, to meet legislative requirements and company objectives.
National Grid is at the heart of energy in the UK. Connecting millions of customers with gas and electricity, we make sure that lights are on, homes are heated and businesses powered. We are the sole owner and operator of the gas national transmission system in Great Britain and our key assets include pipelines, compressor stations and terminals. Good asset safety management is essential to our success and we are growing our capability in this area to ensure that we deliver for our customers and maximise returns for our shareholders. That's why we need the very best people to join our team. And that's why we're talking to you.
The main purpose of the Environmental Assurance emissions testing role is to support a small team or virtual team to achieve business objectives, plans and targets.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for supporting asset improvement business cases to the value of GBP300M
- Develop Management reporting in a variety of formats; administer the production of management information, data and reports.
- Provide Stack emissions testing services to Gas Transmission Owner ensuring all identified emissions points are monitored within compliance deadlines
- Ensure reporting on emissions levels are completed to fulfil legislative compliance requirements
- Maintain standards of work, equipment availability and calibration to ensure internal Stack Emissions Testing Lab retains accreditation to ISO17025
- Conducts environmental inspections/audits and collect information relating to inspections, reports or studies carried out by others, act to eliminate shortfalls in inspections and liaise with stakeholders when required.
- Operate and monitor various emissions monitoring systems/databases to improve asset system and/or environmental compliance performance. Identify areas where environmental performance improvement is required and make appropriate recommendations to resolve shortfalls.
- Provide technical support to environmental audit and inspection processes
What we're looking for
We are looking for an individual with NVQ Level 3 qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent and MCERTS Level 2 certification for stack emissions testing with industry experience ideally gained in an Emission Test Facility or Test House.
Membership of IEMA or related professional body preferred.
Additional Skills required:
- Experience of operational gas transmission or petrochemical environment preferred
- Experience in stack emission testing for gas turbines and other combustion equipment
- A track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively
- Demonstrate successful capability in:
- Technical issues support
- System management and support
- Effective communication skills including the ability to make presentations to small audiences
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
Who we are
National Grid plc is the operator of the GB gas transmission pipeline system, delivering around half the nation's energy needs on a 24/7 basis. The national gas transmission system consists of 7,000km of high quality welded steel pipelines operating at pressures up to 85 bar. Gas compressor stations are strategically situated along the pipeline to pump the gas along the route. As a key resource within a small team, you will contribute positively to the highest standards of health, safety and environmental performance.
At National Grid, we don't just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here. We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
To learn more about working at National Grid, apply for this position and to see where else we have Technician vacancies live in the UK, click on the Apply button now.