IT Project Manager Role
Our client in the charity sector is looking for an IT Project Manager to join their team, to run two medium sized projects, that will last around 6 months.
Both projects will involve working with their CRM system.
- CRM system upgrade. Upgrading the CRM system to the latest release. This will entail working with the vendor and technical staff at Plan to smoothly deliver an upgrade spanning several releases (system is out-of-date). There will also be significant emphasis on stakeholder management and working closely with the users to ensure business engagement and user readiness/acceptance.
- Senior stakeholder CRM implementation. An enhancement to enable our CRM system to be the tool used to manage our major donors (eg politicians/VIPs). This project involves readying and uploading of new data to the system, creation of new system reports, and establishing new business processes and responsibilities to support the implementation once it is in operation.
The management of projects for the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects practices and procedures and organisation change.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Identifies, assesses and manages project issues and risks
- Provides management reporting on projects
- Provides effective leadership to the project team under a Matrix management framework, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Liaising with external vendors and technical consultants
- Assisting with the accurate documentation of the IT team's work
- Is open to change and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach
- Works collaboratively with other departments and be a supportive and effective team member
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Work in a PRINCE 2 governance environment, managing a project through the full PRINCE 2
- Life cycle from initiation to project close
- Produce and manage complex project plans with clearly allocated tasks, schedules and
- resources, using appropriate techniques and the MS Project application
- Track project progress against baselines
- Produce appropriate project management documentation in a written and visual from for
- business and technical users, using the MS Office suite of applications
- Proactively identify, assess and resolve project issues and risks
- Talk confidently to large groups of people at all levels, recognising different cultures and
- perspectives, and communicate on a one to one basis using a range of media.