Financial Analyst, EMEA and APAC, Qualified Accountant, P&L
Financial Analyst, EMEA and APAC, Qualified Accountant, P&L, Manchester, 6 months
Major Custodial Bank is looking to appoint a fully qualified Finance Analyst to join their team in Manchester on an initial 6 month contract; The role will focus upon P&L production and balance sheet analysis and will require someone with excellent Excel skills
The core responsibilities of the role are:
- Provide value added analysis to a Line of Business within Investment Services primarily in the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Ongoing provision of timely, relevant and materially accurate information to the business line controller as directed.
- Provide pro-active support whilst meeting the overall team deliverables.
- Support the continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the finance team.
- The preparation of business critical monthly P&L and balance sheet analysis for the area. This will include the analysis and reporting on revenues, expenses and client/product/segment profitability. In addition, you will be required to provide input to the firms consolidated management reporting pack, including commentary, variance analysis and assessment of financial achievements against plan/forecast/prior periods.
- Close liaison with Business Line Controllers to provide a pro-active commercial input to ensure that management reporting meets current needs and develops to meet future business needs.
- Provide analysis to both the International and US finance teams.
- Provide regional and country reporting analysis.
- Work closely with the offshore GDC team to ensure all deliverables are met.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Adaptability within a changing environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of people
- Attention to detail
- Initiative/Sense of Urgency
- Process Improvement
- Managing multiple priorities
- Build strong relationships
- Foster teamwork, motivated, driven to succeed, use of initiative and attention to detail.
- Collating, interpreting and manipulating complex data from a number of disparate systems
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge:
- Strong Excel, including pivot tables.
- MAQ - desirable
- Peoplesoft - desirable
If you wish to apply for the above position, please call me or email.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 24 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly. Adecco is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.