Senior Pensions Manager
Senior Pensions Manager
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a senior pensions actuary to join the Group Finance function in Wilmslow. As Staff Pensions Senior Manager you will be responsible for defining the strategic development of our staff pension schemes as well as overseeing their management internally or through third party providers. This includes three defined benefit schemes with c. GBP3.5 billion of assets and liabilities and three defined contribution schemes, collectively covering around 33,000 members.
You will manage both Trustee and Company pension risk, liaising with Group Finance and Actuarial to ensure that pensions risk is adequately reflected in the Group's capital position and in any Group projects.
- Providing recommendations on the management of the financial assets and liabilities associated with the Group's pension schemes.
- Leading discussions with the Trustee Boards on behalf of the Group
- Working with the Group and Trustee Boards to ensure that the pension schemes operate efficiently and effectively to achieve their objectives.
- Owning the risks associated with the pension schemes, managing the control framework and implementing and embedding all elements of the Group and Scheme's Risk Management Systems.
- Overseeing member and employee engagement with the Group's pensions arrangements.
- Managing the relationships with the Group and Trustees' pension actuaries, fund managers, legal advisors and consultants.
- Qualified Actuary with detailed experience of the governance of insurance companies and pension schemes, including risk and control frameworks
- Detailed knowledge and experience of investment risk management, particularly in a long-term pensions and insurance environment
- Detailed knowledge and experience of scheme funding and pensions tax regime
- Significant experience of presenting to and managing stakeholders at Board level
- Ability to project manage large strategic projects
- Influencing capability
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Erik Snaathorst on (see below).