Newly Qualified Actuary
Newly Qualified Actuary
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Newly Qualified Actuary to join the Edinburgh part of our actuarial team.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to rotate around actuarial functions. The initial placement will be in the Unit Linked Governance team. This Team has responsibility for the oversight of Royal London's insured unit linked funds.
- Undertake technical analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques.
- Checks work of a technical or complex nature, providing feedback to the originator.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Challenge and make improvements and efficiencies to data, processes, procedures and documentation to make them more accurate and/or efficient.
- Seek and use innovative solutions to queries and problems.
- Provides insight and interpretation of data and results to colleagues across the department and the wider business.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Nearly or Newly qualified actuary with excellent understanding of the actuarial concepts and techniques required to fulfil the role.
- Highly proficient in use of relevant computer systems and packages.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues across the department and the wider business.
- Highly numerate and excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of life and pensions products including competitors products.
- Excellent understanding of Company's current and Legacy business.
- Good management style.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Erik Snaathorst on (see below).