Senior Actuarial Technician
Senior Actuarial Technician
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of GBP93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for an Actuarial Technician to join the Group Actuarial function in Wilmslow. The role is part of a business critical project which will enable you to support the systems underpinning the programme. This is a great opportunity for someone with a keen interest in technology to gain further experience in systems administration and contribute to the company's growth over the next few years.
- Proactively monitor, control and operate a bespoke cloud based valuation system
- Analyse dashboard, queries, error messages, stops, schedules, and job scheduling information to determine proper operating procedures.
- Ensure Alerting and monitoring enables proactive actions to be taken to avoid service outage.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in services.
- Support managed Disaster Recovery tests.
- Work with Production Manager to implement change.
- Adhere to production team processes for configuring, operating and monitoring the system
- Provide a timely response to alerts and incidents by acknowledging and fixing issues so that they do not breach.
- Ideally experience within a similar IT support/Batch Processing role
- Good understanding of life and pensions products and an appreciation of competitors products
- Experience of running actuarial processes, in particular in relation to life valuation, would be an advantage
- An analytical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Industry knowledge and awareness of operating in Windows technology preferred.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment is beneficial.
- Experience of using Microsoft tools including, Outlook, MS Office, MS Excel, SharePoint
- Able to perform a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments.
- Good understanding of standard actuarial and analytical techniques.
- Experience of working out-of-office hours
This is an exciting opportunity where we are looking for people from varied backgrounds, who have the core Technical/Processing abilities who will contribute well to the team and the success of this ongoing programme.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Erik Snaathorst