Experienced SEN Teacher required in Chorley, to support Gifted and Talented pupils (High end P levels) - We now urgently require the right person for January 2017 start to the end of the academic year.
We have an urgent need for an SEN Teacher with experience in supporting Gifted and Talented to work with one of our SEN Setting in the Chorley area. This position is a full time Temporary post:
This is an excellent opportunity:
To teach core subjects to groups of Gifted and Talented SEN students from all abilities across years 7 - 11:
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the school behaviour policy.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable, and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To participate in Science events such as trips and primary liaison.
In order to be considered for this post, you will need to:
- Hold QTS or equivalent recognised UK teaching qualifications
- Have a good knowledge of the current National Curriculum
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour and always strive to get the best out of your students
- Be well organised and be able to plan effectively Be adaptable to cope with any situation
The post itself is subject to an enhanced DBS Certificate as well as satisfactory references, and applications from NQTs will be considered.
- If you feel that you have these qualities and that this role is something that you would like to be considered for then please either e-mail your CV to Karl Lucas via our website or contact the office directly by phone for a chat.
- OFFICE: 01772 259966 Mobile: 07507 837 654
- RANDSTAD Education offers very competitive daily rates of pay (£100 - £150 per day) as well as an honest and upfront approach from an experienced dedicated team.
- We all take great pride in providing a quality service to schools and candidates in the Lancashire area.
- Randstad Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer we specialise in consistently placing fully qualified Teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and office admin workers into positions within secondary, primary and SEND schools as well as Nursery staff across Lancashire
Apply for SEN Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly