Want to be part of exciting new Leisure facilities
developments within North Derbyshire?
This is an exciting time to join us and share in our success.
You will enjoy working with a wide range of people in a busy environment to provide a high quality experience expected by all our visitors. You will have excellent communication skills, the ability to learn quickly and work well as part of a diverse team.
Salary Details: £8.25 per hour Living Wage
Job Term: No Guaranteed Hours
Appointment Type: Temporary, 12 month contract with potential to become established subject to review
Location: Eckington Pool or as determined by the Council
Department: North East Derbyshire District Council
Applications are invited for the post of Catering Assistants. The successful candidates will undertake the day to preparation of hot and cold refreshments for customers and for meetings, monitor stock levels, maintain a high level of hygiene, cleanliness and presentation and undertake cleaning duties.
To be short-listed for interview candidates must possess the following:-
- Basic knowledge of food and drink preparation
- Food Hygiene and Safety Certificate Level 2 or Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent (or willing to work towards within one month of commencing in post)
- Previous experience of dealing with customers, handling cash and basic refreshment preparation
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to deal with a wide range of customers in an often busy environment
- Ability to work as part of a team and with minimum supervision
- Ability to learn new skills relevant to the role
Please state the hours you are available to work on your application. If you wish to be considered for the same post at both Bolsover and North East Derbyshire District Councils where available, please include this on your application ensuring you cover all the essential requirements within both Council's person specifications, when completing just one application form for the same role.
For an informal discussion please contact Geoff Warburton on 01246 217484.
If you are interested in this post please go to the Jobs page on the: North East Derbyshire District Council website https://jobs.derbyshire.gov.uk/northeastderbyshire/
Please return completed application form to HR & Payroll, NEDDC, District Council Offices, 2013 Mill Lane, Wingerworth, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S40 1LF
Closing date: 14 December 2016
Provisional interview date: Week Commencing 19th December 2016