Senior DevOps Engineer
One of the South West's rapidly expanding IT Businesses has recently received high levels of investment, in order to continue their outstanding services to domestic & international customers. This has resulted in them, needing to recruit another DevOps Engineer.
You will be joining an innovative team, working closely with the Development Team in order to help create, deliver and maintain a collection of innovative cloud services. This business designs in AWS and has an extensive range of applications that you will help build, monitor and maintain.
The job satisfaction will come from the challenge of auto scaling systems and big-data processors, as well as legacy environments and relational databases. As they operate solely in the cloud.
You will understand that infrastructure is code, and it will be your role to ensure that the performance of the apps are measured, monitored and scaled whilst applying your programming skills to troubleshoot issues. You live and breathe metrics. The ability to script your way out of fire while walking on hot coals guided by metrics, experience, and confidence will drive you to continuously automate and improve a vast infrastructure.
The following skills are required. However, the company will not expect you to have outstanding experience within each category, and will help to provide daily support in areas of weakness;
- Experience with build / deployment automation tools.
- Experience within Windows and Linux scripting skills including PowerShell, VB and bash scripting.
- Configuration Management experience (i.e. Puppet).
- IIS administration and troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to adapt to bespoke solutions and contribute to improving, replacing, or rewriting them.
- Experience in dealing with metrics and metric analysis, including looking for blind spots, identifying thresholds and implementing alerting.
- Experience with Agile and Devops methodologies.
- Automating analysis of log data for the purpose of debugging and reporting.
- Experience in scaling and dealing with environments that handle large volumes of traffic.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an ambitious organisation, with significant expansion plans for the coming years.
You will join in a high responsibility and business critical role, therefore this is best suited to an individual with real drive and ambition. Looking to make the next step in their career and join a team that can offer an exciting long-term opportunity, benefits and challenge.
Focusing on staff well being and personal technical development is very important to them.
As a full-time employee, you will benefit from a 5% Annual Bonus (Paid Quarterly), Private Healthcare (Aviva) & Dental Plan & 25 Days Holiday per year.Wish to apply?
Please click on the apply button or contact me on .