Support Worker - 36 hours per week
Are you the type of person who enjoys helping others and making a difference to someone's life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
Shaw healthcare are currently recruiting for a Support Worker to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness' to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
What's the salary?
A support worker aged 18 and over earns a minimum of ??7.33 per hour, increasing to ??7.61 according to your experience level/qualification
What do I need to be like?
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines;
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues,
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
- Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Do I need previous experience????
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be desirable. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.