Service Department Manager
Monmouth Scientific Ltd has a unique opportunity available for a Service Department Manager to join our growing team in Bridgwater, on a full time, permanent basis. This is a pivotal role in the Company's development, and the successful candidate will see their actions make a difference to the future growth and development of Monmouth in this exciting business sector, maintaining our excellent service record across the industry.
The Service Department Manager is a senior level role, with a great salary package and benefits, and will be expected to hold authority, make assessment and take control of the department immediately.
What are the responsibilities of this position?
- To ensure above everything else that the Customer's exact needs and requirements are adhered to
- To make provision for the unexpected and revise work plans as appropriate to meet the continuously-changing delivery schedule
- To develop and gain a thorough understanding of the requirements to service Monmouth Scientific and competitor products to the latest British Standards, through a technical understanding of all Monmouth products, and be able to share this information with the team
- To become the Company expert for all service and support needs for all product types and British/European Standards
- To develop a comprehensive Service Department within Monmouth, and oversee its smooth running, through careful co-ordination of Service Visits and Installations from our Kilnside office
- To maintain and develop an accurate Service Database to ensure it is kept in a useable format and up-to-date, including back-up paper records of all jobs involving the Service Department
- To constantly review reporting methods and work instructions and design, develop and implement new structures and procedures as necessary
- To sell and promote the servicing of Monmouth and competitor equipment, both over the telephone and in person during site visits, exhibitions and sales meetings
- To liaise with Production to ensure that all Products are fully tested before being delivered or otherwise, to minimise wasted time through unnecessary 'return visits'
- To track Service KPIs, including (but not limited to) Services undertaken, Turnover and Non-Deliveries per month, Year-On-Year growth
- To oversee the maintenance, calibration and servicing of all Service equipment, including vehicles
- To visit as necessary Customer sites in conjunction with the engineers in order to carry out employee assessments of capability and performance
- To join the Senior Management Team and report back on all aspects of the department's growth and development, with periodic review of opportunities for improvement and cost saving with MD
- To turn the Service Department into an independent cost centre for Monmouth and share, through structured reports, department P&L and progress in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- To be involved in interviews, reviews, disciplinary and other employee relations matters in conjunction with the HR Manager
- To prepare and write service work instructions for our Engineers in accordance with ISO 9001 and BS EN Standards requirements
What skills do I need to have to become a Service Department Manager?
- Experience in anticipating Engineer requirements and capacity, to ensure efficient use of time
- Tact and diplomacy when on site, and the ability to deal with multiple customer queries at once
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply the tools, knowledge and techniques for Servicing and Installation work
- Ability to build and lead a solid team, considering not only the technical skills of each Engineer or Support employee, but also the critical roles and chemistry between workers, and ability to promote and lead the harmonious working of the Service Engineer team, and motivate them to achieve the desired service standards
- GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade "C" in English Language and Mathematics
See our website for full Job Description, and click 'apply' today. Don't miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Service Department Manager. Deadline for applications strictly 5pm Friday 9/12/16.
We cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or e-mail system. No Agencies.