Job Description: For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands. We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater. As of September 30, 2016, Northern Trust Corporation had: $120 billion in banking assets $6.7 trillion in assets under custody $946 billion in assets under management The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide face to face and WebEx training for Clients on Northern Trust's on-line Passport products.
- Provide technical support for Clients and other internal teams on reporting, Passport and other technical subjects.
- Provide training and support within the Client Consulting team. Act on a consultancy basis to clients in relation to their electronic communications and product needs.
- Project Management in all aspects of on-line reporting development and straight through processing projects.
- Provide feedback on Client needs to aid product development. Participate in management meetings/presentations/Sales Demos relating to the on-line reporting requirements.
- Perform user acceptance testing for the newly developed custom Passport reports and applications. Support roll out of new products (e.g. Institutional Investor Passport, New Passport applications).
- Assist and Support the Client Consultant Management team in order to achieve the teams' objectives.
- Some travel required to visit clients/prospects, and occasionally at short notice.
- Broad knowledge of the Securities Industry, gained in either a global custody, fund accounting or Investment Management environment is essential.
- Able to manage client expectations, meet deadlines and communicate effectively, on a day to day basis with clients.
- Strong presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a systems environment. Strong IT skills, especially excel Language skills beneficial (German, French and Nordics).
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks in a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent team player.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills