Yard Shunter / Driver Shunter COJC42717
7 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a leading provider of logistics services, is proud to be working in partnership with Harvey's Furniture and Bensons for Beds at its Tewkesbury Distribution Centre.
Our client are experts in the field of furniture home delivery and assembly. They have a network of over 8 Distribution Centres, responsible for delivering furniture to over 300,000 customers per year
Their focus is on delivering the best customer service possible and ensuring that each and every customer that they deliver to is left happy and receives the best in class service from their delivery crews.
In order to meet growing demand, they currently have an opportunity for a Driver Shunter to work as part of the team at their Tewkesbury Distribution Centre. You will be responsible for communicating with the despatch team to inform them of which vans are available, ensuring that the correct type of box is presented to the loading bays and ensuring that all health and safety is adhered to. Additional responsibilities also include but are not limited to:
- Communication with the drivers ensuring any defects are reported to the Yard Supervisor
- Parking of all fleet vehicles
- Direct communication with the loading teams to advise of the effective loading of the vehicle
- Remove and co-ordinate returned products from Trunking vehicles
- Ensure that the yard is kept clean tidy