Support Worker (Day Time) 24 hours per week
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for a Support Worker to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with other support workers to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
Essential Skills & Duties of a Support Worker:
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines;
- Be able to communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, good interpersonal and working relationship skills are essential;
- Have a good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet);
- It is essential to be Health and Safety aware, to ensure the safety of our services users and colleagues.
We do not ask for any formal qualifications or experience of working in care before, although having previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage. You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you are expected to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
As the role involves working with vulnerable people, including delivering personal care and support of an intimate nature, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing and Disclosure and Barring Service check.