Support Worker (Adults)
3 days left
- Full Time
We currently have a number of opportunities for Support Workers to join our Supported Living teams based in Gloucestershire. You will have a rewarding and stimulating vocation providing personalised care to people with learning and physical disabilities and thereby helping them to lead more independent lives. There are Full Time and Part Time positions available.
Supported Living Gloucestershire offers supported living services for adults with learning disabilities, mental health problems, complex needs, challenging behaviour and physical disabilities. Through our person-centred approach we assess the needs, wishes and goals of each individual.
The role of a Support Worker is to enable the people we support to live happy, healthy and fulfilled lives in a way which maximises independence and choice. As a Support Worker you will work with personalised support plans to ensure that all care and support provided is delivered in line with the wishes of the individual and in line with both organisational and regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- The support you provide will be person centred and focused on ensuring each individual maintains / develops their skills and independence in line with their chosen outcomes.
- Provide support, including (but not limited to) help with personal care, budgeting, shopping, cleaning, cooking, laundry and assistance with medication.
- You will also support in engaging in social activities and assisting the person to maintain relationships with family and friends and being active in their community including employment or study.
- Maximise and promote each individuals independence, choice, dignity and privacy.
- To provide support in all daily living activities to suit the needs and wishes of the individuals, keeping them healthy and safe
- Salary ??7.42 to ??7.72 per hour
- ??61.87 Sleep in payments
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of statutory bank holidays*
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cost of DBS / PVG Check
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Commitment to supporting people who have learning disabilities to live lifestyles of their choosing
- Able to work as part of a team delivering high quality support services in accordance with an agreed plan
- Demonstrate positive values in line with equal opportunities legislation
- Able to promote and maintain independence, choice and respect throughout all aspects of the service
- QCF or NVQ 2/3 in H&S Care, or another relevant field - desirable
- Ability to work to a high standard on your own initiative and as part of a larger team
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of your work
- Drivers preferred but not essential
This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS / PVG Disclosure which will be completed upon successful application. All applications will be dealt with on an individual basis in accordance with our policy and organisational requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.