Healthcare Assistant Job in Bridgwater
As a Newcross Healthcare Assistant with our friendly Taunton branch team, you will take pride in giving the best possible quality of care to clients in a nursing or residential home setting in the local Bridgwater area of Somerset.
For a limited time only we're also offering a free DBS and uniform when you join our team!
This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, presenting the opportunity to tailor your hours to suit family or other commitments. You should be willing to travel and due to the location of some clients, access to your own vehicle is desirable.
The Healthcare Assistant Job Role:
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
Our business relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
Working in a Healthcare Assistant job, we can offer you:
- Salary of up to ??13.27/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Free DBS & uniform - for a limited time upon joining
- Free training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to ??500 per successful referral
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be a naturally compassionate person with a strong sense of empathy for those individuals in your care.
You will also need to have:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- Up-to-date moving and handling training (gained or renewed within the last year
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.