- Full Time
Rudgeway, South Gloucestershire, BS35 3QH
??19,000 - ??21,000 depending on experience
Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Elim Housing is a social landlord providing housing and support services. We manage over 800 homes, and currently wish to recruit a Finance Assistant, join our well established and friendly finance team based in Rudgeway.
As a Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of accounting tasks to support the finance team in delivering an effective and efficient finance service to the association and our clients.
Finance Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Dealing with all rent ledger matters ensuring all resident balances are accurate and up to date at all times, including responsibility for co-ordinating quarterly rent statements and annual service charge schedules and annual rent plan.
- Maintenance of the association's bank accounts ensuring that the balances on the associations accounting system are reconciled to the bank account on a weekly basis for the main current account.
- Dealing with incoming funds including supporting people grants, sundry receipts ensuring that these are accurately recorded on the associations accounting system, and documents are filed as appropriate.
- Taking a lead on maintaining the rent modules in the accounting system. Acting as the rent accounting QLX champion, including providing QLX training to new joiners.
- To be responsible for effective communication both internally and externally and to proactively and positively promote the association.
- Regular and ad hoc assistance with accounting matters at Self Help, in support of the Finance Officer
- Achieve individual targets and contribute to meeting departmental KPIs
- Supporting the other members of the finance team as required.
- To develop services, work on projects as required.
- To provide a cost effective and value for money service.
The position will require you to report directly to our Management Accountant.
To be considered for our Finance Assistant role, you will have the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Accounting experience in a range of areas including:
- Operation of a rent ledger
- Entering financial transactions
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work accurately with figures
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Understanding of the need for confidentiality in financial matters
- Understanding and commitment to the principle of equal opportunities
- Manages own time effectively and prioritises own work. Takes a proactive approach to targets and workload thinking ahead
- Has a high level of job related IT competency and uses IT to improve efficiency
- Delivers excellent customer service to other staff and departments
- Communicates with other staff, residents and external contacts in a clear, concise way that is accurate and delivered in a way that promotes understanding
- Builds productive working relationships - influencing, empowering and collaborating with staff across the organisation to ensure that the finance team targets and deadlines are met
- Seeks to understand own strengths and weaknesses and takes an active responsibility for own personal development
- Understands the importance of value for money (VFM), and looks for opportunities to make VFM improvements such as improving processes and procedures
- Acts as an ambassador for the association
Finance Assistant Benefits:
- 25 days holiday Bank Holidays, 1 day extra accrued each year up to a maximum of 30 days
- Free Parking
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Free on-site Gym
- Supportive in personal development/growth
If you feel you have the skills for our Finance Assistant role, please apply now!
Closing date: 10:00am on Thursday 17 th November 2016
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 23 rd November 2016