Mental Health Support Worker Job in Taunton - PMVA Trained
Newcross Healthcare is working in partnership with a mental health service provider that supports adults with mental health conditions in rehabilitation, assessment or step down settings.
We are looking for experienced Mental Health Support Workers who hold a PMVA qualification gained or renewed within the last year to work in the Taunton area of Somerset, through our local branch.
For a limited time only we are offering a free DBS check and free uniform when you apply for this role.
About the Role:
Newcross Healthcare has been providing excellent quality care staff to nursing homes, hospitals and people in their own homes for nearly 20 years. We pride ourselves on employing only the very best, experienced care staff and ensuring our clients receive the highest quality person-centred care.
Our person centred service is designed to enable the service users to interact with their families and also the local community, enabling them to maximise their independence and live fulfilling lives. A conscientious and dedicated approach to personalised care makes an incredible difference to all service users, which is why we are looking to employ the best people, to develop the best skills.
It is essential that you are confident delivering personal care with a mindful approach towards protecting the dignity of the individual and promoting their independence
If you're looking for flexible day, night or weekend shifts and the chance to choose your own rota with the added support of a permanent contract, guaranteed hours and a local line manager, this is the job for you!
Benefits of being a Mental Health Support Worker with Newcross:
- Salary of up to ??14.86/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) check and uniform (for a limited time!)
- Training available free through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to ??500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced mental health support workers with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
In order to be considered for this mental health support worker job you will need the following:
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a mental health environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- PMVA qualified gained or renewed in the last 12 months.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.