Location: Somerset, TA11 6SP
Salary: ??25,000-??35,000, pension scheme, health scheme.
About the company
We are an established mail-order company with over 500,000 customers and a turnover in excess of ??15m in the printer/computer consumables market. We have over 100 employees and are looking to recruit a competent and experienced accountant into a senior position.
Financial Controller, reporting directly to the Finance Director, they will be responsible for supervising up to 6 members of staff.
The Duties of the Financial Controller:
- Overseeing credit control, sales ledger, purchase ledger functions
- Managing intercompany transactions in preparation for Group accounts
- Producing and reconciling accounts up to and including dealing directly with the auditors
- Fully processing payroll on a monthly basis, including HMRC submissions
- Dealing with HR issues that may arise
- Interacting with other departments as necessary
- Year-end activities such as stock take
- Managing other tasks/projects as and when they arise
The ideal Financial Controller:
We are looking for a hands-on person who is comfortable interacting with employees, customers and suppliers. The candidate should be flexible, driven and keen to help us continue to succeed in an increasingly competitive market. Ideally the candidate will be CIMA/ACCA qualified, or part qualified, with previous experience in similar roles.