Home Care Assistants & Support Workers – guaranteed hours*!
We are looking for Home Care Assistants & Support Workers for all areas of York, Fulford, Heslington, Murton, Rawcliffe, Osbaldwick, Huntington, Acomb, Dringhouses, Earswick, Skelton, Askham Bryan, Upper Poppleton, Nether Poppleton, Haxby, Rufford, Strensall, in North Yorkshire
What our clients say….
“My mum has Alzheimer's and suffered from chest infections due to asthma, our carer made my mums life worth living, she literally loved them and I can only offer my deepest thanks to all the staff who looked her over the years”.
What our staff say…
“There are huge positives to working in care – it’s a career where you can get an enormous sense of personal achievement from knowing you are helping other people. The opportunity to make a real difference to someone’s life is a wonderful and rewarding experience”.
Would you like to have a rewarding career and to make a real difference?
Why work for us as a Home Care Assistant or Support Worker?
- Your rate of pay would be between £8.50 per hour Monday-Friday, £9.00 per hour weekends. £11.25 per hour on bank holidays, £14.20 Christmas bank holidays, plus mileage allowance.
- Guaranteed hours* subject to your availability
- Full time and Part time hours are available, covering Daytime, Evenings and Weekends.
- Free QCF/NVQ Qualifications in Health & Social Care
- Your shortest care calls will be 30 Minutes but most calls are significantly longer.
- We are a great team with excellent opportunities to progress with fantastic support.
- We actively promote from within so we can offer progression opportunities.
What does a Home Care Assistant or Support Worker do?
- You will build a relationship with the people you provide care for a typical day could involve preparing a meal, getting them out of bed, taking them to the bathroom, assisting with dressing, you may take them out.
- Some of our customers like to be taken on trips; this could be a trip to the seaside or just to the local shops. So in addition to providing personal care we also provide a companionship and shopping service
- You will be working with a couple of clients in their own homes generally as close to your own home as possible.
- You will be required to administer our customers’ medication – but don’t worry we will train you on how to do this
- Our customers may also require meal preparation, shopping and light domestic duties
What experience do I need?
This role would be suitable for people with or without care experience who have a real desire to make a difference to someone’s life. Full training provided will be provided at our office in York – we can teach you everything you need to know.
If you are interested in applying for this position or you would like to hear more about the vacancies please click on apply.
Health & Social Care Jobs act as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our candidates and clients, we specialise in permanent recruitment nationally throughout the Health and Social care sectors. We are experts in Domiciliary care, Elderly, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health, and Social Housing recruitment and have over 10 years’ experience in the Sector, please visit our website healthsocialcarejobs and view our testimonials to find out how we differ from other Recruitment Agencies and can help you with your recruitment needs.