Description: Buyer - Gas Transmission GBP33,200 - GBP37,000 Warwick National Grid is at the heart of energy in the UK. The energy we deliver gets the nation to work, powers schools and heats our homes. Our energy network connects the nation, so it's essential that it's continually evolving, advancing and improving. That's why we need the very best people to join the team. And that's why we're talking to you. CIPS Award 2015. Responsible Business of the Year 2014. The IACCM Innovations Award 2015 - our Procurement team are no strangers to achievement. It's at the heart of this high-performing department that you'll excel yourself, using your first-class skills to help us go even further. If you see your future in management, this role is the ideal preparation. The Gas Transmission team support the Gas Transmission business in maintaining the assets required to transport gas to homes and businesses all over the UK. We purchase the goods and services required to ensure gas is available when you need it, this includes major upgrades to our infrastructure and asset maintenance work to keep the gas flowing. About the Role
- As a Buyer, you'll tackle our largest and most complex buying challenges.
- You'll be in charge of daily strategic procurement events in your area and a portfolio of up to GBP100m.
- You'll own your own Category, deliver category strategies and be responsible for spotting new commercial opportunities.
- To succeed, you'll need to understand the business and what your stakeholders need. That means working closely with them and studying the supply chain, so we can offer the best solutions.
- Much will depend on your ability to connect and influence.
- But with your drive, expertise and communication skills you'll have what it takes to win credibility, trust and respect.
- Responsible for purchasing circa GBP50m of goods and services including service agreements, spares, construction projects, equipment.
- Owning their own category the Senior Buyer is expected to understand business needs, develop a category strategy and run sourcing events from end to end.
- Educated to degree-standard, you'll have significant experience in strategic sourcing and category management.
- You've led a highly complex or valuable procurement event from start to finish; developed high value category-specific strategies; and led negotiations at a senior level.
- Furthermore, you've handled multiple projects and a portfolio of suppliers.
- In short, you're a skilled professional in your field, with exceptional commercial acumen.
- Ideally MCIPS-qualified (or working towards this), you can use analytical tools, build strong working relationships and present persuasively.
- Now you're ready to use these talents - plus innovative thinking and your drive for results - to bring business value and new commercial solutions.