Early Years Assistant - Happyhansel Primary School
As part of the pre-school team, the Early Years Assistant will assist in delivering a high quality education and care centred service that meets the needs of young children and their carers.
The Early Years Assistant will also work closely with the Early Years Worker and/or the Teacher in ensuring a safe, hygienic and pleasant environment where mutual trust, respect, confidence and a caring ethos are evident, in accordance with current legislation.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the links below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0349 per hour
- Temporary Term Time Part Time post for 12.5 hours per week, 40.5 weeks per year plus 6.27 weeks (pro rata) paid holiday to be taken during school holidays. Temporary contract for a period of approximately 5 months.
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- The successful candidate will have to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of the agreed start date
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Happyhansel Primary School, Walls, Shetland
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Sue King, Head Teacher - 01595 807450 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a disability which prevents you from applying online, please call 01595 74403.
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Early Years Assistant.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf