Early Years Officer (FIF05963)
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 19 December 2016
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday - Thursday 5 hours per day
Work within a team supporting the delivery of a broad and balanced Early Year’s curriculum within a caring, safe, and welcoming environment which enables each child to achieve their potential.
Contribute to the creation of a positive ethos this develops children’s self-esteem
and personal identity in a climate of trust and praise.
Work with parent and carers, and with other agencies, to promote the welfare and
development of every child will also be involved within this post.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
You should possess:
• A National Certificate (NC) Early Years Education & Childcare and Higher National Certificate (HNC) Early Years Education & Childcare or equivalent.
• Or a Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) Level 3 Childcare or Social Services, Children & Young People, with experience working in an Education Service Nursery/Partner Provider.
• Or Scottish National Nursery Education Board (SNNEB) or equivalent.
• Ability to register with SSSC at practitioner level within 6 months of taking up employment in this role (Early Learning and Childcare Class/Centre only) and must complete the required Post Registration Training and Learning (PRTL) over the registration period.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
Under the leadership and direction of the Headteacher and management team, the post holder may be required to undertake any of the following tasks which may be delegated to Early Years Officers.
• Promoting children’s learning, development and welfare
• The assessment and monitoring of children.
• Liaison/Communication with parents and carers.
• To contribute to planning aspects of children’s development, learning and welfare.
We are looking for an individual who has experience within an Early Years setting along with knowledge of the Curriculum for Excellence and knowledge of child development from birth to 5 years. The individual will have the ability to work without supervision and will work effectively within a team. Highly developed communication skills are needed for this role along with the ability to write reports and children’s records in order to provide a regular and effective service. Experience of working with children of 2 to 5 years of age is also essential for this post.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01334 659485
01 EYO Qualifications - Add Info.pdf
I032 01 Early Years Officer.pdf
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx