Location: Milton Road
Part Time: 10 hours 30 minutes per week (0.3 FTE)
Salary: Band E £22,145 - £23,824 pro rata (appointment is usually made at the first point in the salary scale)
We require a resourceful and committed individual to join our music and sound production team to fulfil the role of music and sound production technician. The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide technical support to staff and students in a variety of environments
- Manage/maintain music and sound recording equipment resources including software.
- Assist in the management of a consumables budget.
- Manage an equipment store and booking system.
- Provide technical support for students
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Be available to technically maintain, set up and technically support students and staff
- Maintain / repair all Music and Sound Production equipment.
- Advise staff and students in the use of software and equipment
- Assist the Manager to track the allocated budget for consumables and repair / maintenance costs.
- Research items for purchase based on desired specifications required and source/order them.
- Source items and Input orders via PECOS for the majority of the faculty members.
- Liaise with IT to advise on relevant network issues affecting the equipment in the department
- Carry out Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- Open and close facility when working at weekends
Applicants should have experience in supporting users in a sound production technical environment and be educated to HND level in an appropriate technical discipline.
The successful candidate may be required to work at any Edinburgh College campus.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14 December 2016
JD Technician (Music).doc
Person Spec Music technician.docx
c) Terms and Conditions of Service - support staff - updated 11.2.16.docx