CDL A Truck Driver - Home Every Other Day - Owner Operator
*This position is based out of York, PA*
Operate a commercial motor vehicle to transport customer freight in a safe, legal, and efficient manner in accordance with government laws and regulations. Provide excellent customer service through on-time and damage-free freight delivery. The driver will be responsible for driving to and from designated locations as required to meet customer needs.
Essential Job Functions
• Key responsibilities will include supporting the following functions:
• Drives commercial motor vehicle (truck) to transport and deliver freight.
• Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with management, customers, employees, the general public, and law enforcement (49 CFR ?? 391.11).
• Must be able to read road signs, maps, shipping documents, work instructions, and other written documents.
• Maintains contact with dispatch or supervisor to receive instructions or be dispatched to new locations.
• Maintains electronic driver logs compliant with state and federal regulations (49 CFR ?? 395).
• Performs pre- and post-trip vehicle inspections per regulation and procedure, and maintains associated records as required.
• Maintains shipping paperwork records of materials/products transported.
• Obtains customer signature for goods delivered, accurately noting "shipper load and count" status, delivery condition, and seal status.
• Assists in loading and unloading truck manually if required.
• Capable of driving up to 11 hours per day and being on duty up to 14 hours per day when required.
• Meet the driver qualification safety standards and responsibilities established by Safety & Compliance.
• Remain compliant with government laws and regulations at all times.
Education and Work Experience
• Must have one year or greater previous driving experience in the type of equipment to be operated.
• Must have a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
Other Skills & Abilities
• Must be willing to transport interstate freight as dispatched, including local, regional, and over the road.
• Certifications and Licenses
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL License with current medical card certification.
• Must not have previous 3-year employer history of failed or refused drug/alcohol tests. Must not be under FMCSA drug/alcohol follow-up testing requirements related to any SAP process.
• Climb in and out of the truck numerous times throughout the day.
• Inspect airlines, brakes, and tires under the trailer for pre- and post-trip inspections.
• Crank trailer dolly/landing gear with approx. 15-50 lbs. rotational force to drop or hook up trailers.
• Assist as required in unloading trailers which could include using a pallet jack, hand unload, or restacking pallets of freight.
• Bend over and lift at least 50 lbs.
• Open and secure doors on trailers with arms above head.
• Push and pull at least 50 lbs.
• Meet all DOT Medical Card requirements.
• Bend down and pull the fifth wheel pin with 15-65 lbs horizontal pull force to drop trailers