Java or C++ Developer - DV Cleared
Java or C++ Developer - Permanent - London/Gloucestershire/Manchester - Excellent Salary!
Our client, a leading defence organisation, has just released a new requirement for a Java Developer to work on an exciting programme. If you're excelling in your system outputs, with an extensive catalogue of code then please do apply!
Core Duties will include:
- Perform development and administration of custom Java applications and widgets supporting the IT Service Management (ITSM) solution - Catalog, Remedy, and Portal.
- Develop custom workflows and integrations with ITSM and infrastructure components, such as Active Directory and email systems.
- Work with service process owners, suppliers, and customer representatives to define requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting of issues and recommendations for system enhancements.
- Designs, develops, programs, installs, implements, conducts research for, and maintains internal data processing computer systems and utilities, and/or for customers on a contract basis.
- Analyses internal or external customers' needs, and determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems; develops customized solutions to customer/user problems.
- Establishes system parameters and formats; ensures hardware/software compatibility; and coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- May make programming changes as required to adapt or enhance existing or new programs and/or utilities.
- Maintains supplied software packages for internal users.
- Analyses new hardware to determine its need or application in the existing or proposed system; advises on new techniques and estimated costs associated with new or revised programs and utilities, taking into consideration personnel, time, and hardware requirements, and makes trade-off analyses.
- Develops general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Proficient with development in Java and other web programming languages
- Experience creating user-friendly websites and end-user portals
- Experience gathering user requirements and writing design documents, participating in joint development sessions, and writing and executing unit and system tests
- Experience with Kinetic Data
- Experience with ITIL and ITSM solutions
- Experience with Sharepoint, Remedy, SQL Server, SSRS, and related products
- Experience with Active Directory, authentication, and Single-Sign-On solutions
- Experience working in a Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 environment
- Ability to understand the "big picture" and to identify and resolve key issues
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership and commitment
- Hands-on development experience with Kinetic Data products, particularly Catalogue and Task.
If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2015.