Application Services Developer (C#/ASP.NET)
Application Services Developer/Application Support
Established hospitality client is recruiting a number of application services developer to work within the Application Service Team to support the business by identifying and fixing defects in internally developed and managed software and web applications. Provide excellent, consistent customer service and support experiences to all customers, internally and externally.
As Applications Services Developer key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Drive excellent customer experiences by adhering to ITIL based processes and suggesting process improvements across the service space
- To develop code fixes or data scripts in response to customer identified live issues or service needs.
- Manages fixes through the QA and development cycle into a standard release as part of normal release process
- Evaluates the need for emergency changes and corresponding hotfixes in collaboration with the business and supports the related RFC, communication and deployment activities as needed..
- Triages new tickets effectively and gathers all additional information needed from end users or other support teams in order to do this.
- Analyses all requests and incidents to determine if there are other, better ways to service the need or to manage out future requests; highlights these within the team and promotes them to the customer.
- Maintains personal responsibility for incident resolution when tickets move between teams during the incident process or formally hands over such responsibility if appropriate
- Keeps users up to date proactively on all tickets
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced Application Service Analysts or Developers
As an applications services developer you will have relevant experience in an applications support/development role and development experience using C#, ASP.NET, SSRS and other reporting platforms.
On offer is a basic salary of c30k and a good range of benefits. Our client has a great work ethic and culture and is committed to staff training and development.