Java Developer - concurrency - Real Time - Finance trading
Java - concurrency - Real Time - Financial trading - GBP50k - immediate Start Available
This is a fantastic opportunity for a mid-senior Java Developer (software engineer) to join a well-established, creative and cutting edge software company. They are a multi award winning, market leader in web trading technology and single-dealer platforms working with blue chip global financial clients.
This position also opens up the opportunity for a Java Developer to move across and gain excellent experience in Finance. No Financial experience is required to apply for this role.
Role of the Java Developer:
The successful candidate will join a dynamic agile team of cross-disciplined developers, testers, and UX designers.
The main focus area will be building back-ends that connect to financial pricing, trading and entitlement systems to distribute the data over the Internet to HTML5 trading clients. The data must be delivered with extremely low-latency.
The Java Developer will also be creating APIs for the organisations customers to use for connecting to their own systems, maintaining the existing Server Side components and providing assistance to the support team in diagnosing customer issues.
Essential Skills of the Java Developer:
- Core Java (J2SE)
- Experience of building multi-threaded, low latency performance-critical applications
- Usage of unit test and mocking frameworks such as JUnit, Mockito and JMock
- Use of build tools such as Gradle and Maven
- Experience of working with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
- Experience of working within Agile teams and conversant with modern Agile practices
- A team player, and enjoy working closely with other developers, UX and QA engineers in small teams
- Experience of working with a version control system, such as Git
- Unix/Linux exposure
- A degree in computer science or similar technical subject
- These skills will be tested during the interview process
Compensation and Benefits:
- Flexible benefits scheme including pension, gym membership, life cover, income protection, health/dental options, and additional holiday purchase scheme
- Opportunities to attend conferences and training events
- Dynamic, collaborative and friendly working environment
- Free breakfast, with drinks and snacks provided throughout the day
This is an urgent requirement with the option to start immediately if desired. If you would like to be put forward for this incredible one off opportunity then apply now for an initial telephone conversation.