Front End UI Developer | Angular OR React | WebSockets
Front End Developer | Angular OR React | WebSockets | Data Science | Visualisation
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Front End Developer with proven experience in developing dashboards for Real Time analytics systems.
As an experienced developer, you will be joining a bleeding edge software house specialising in applying Real Time analytics and machine learning to IT event and IT service management data for clients that include major banks and pharmaceuticals.
You will be building a Real Time event management solution based on a commercial Hadoop implementation that will scale for the IoT.
We are seeking a Senior Front End Developer - someone who has significant AngularJS or ReactJS and Web Socket development experience to build a scalable, highly responsive and beautiful UI to visualise the output of complex algorithms using large data sets.
This is a London-based position, requiring someone who has the aspiration to break into data science industry. We're not only looking for a technical genius, but someone with an eye for the aesthetic, someone who can work hand in hand with in house data scientists to create beautiful and meaningful representations of customer data.
This role will lead the re-design of the current user interface and will be responsible for selecting the appropriate technologies and designing the architecture to support our product roadmap. The role will work closely with a small team of data scientists and Back End developers focusing on development of the Real Time event management application.
What you NEED to have:
- Preferably a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Extensive experience with frameworks such as AngularJS OR ReactJS - and hopefully experimented with AngularJS2
- Designing dashboards and visualizations for complex data sets using technologies such as D3
- Knowledge of web services, such as REST, JSON APIs
- Automated unit and integration testing
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Java and or Scala development
- Experience working with WebSockets (Atmospshere, engine,io) and messaging systems such as Kafka
- Developing applications with Akka
- Integration experience with 3rd party APIs, particularly collaboration tools such as (Slack, Yammer etc)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable, microservice-architected application
- Solid experience designing and optimising NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS services and/or Docker containers an advantage