Compliance Associate, Citadel Europe
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading- edge technology. The firm’s platform includes a wide range of investment strategies and financial businesses, ranging from some of the most established and successful hedge funds in the world with $25 billion in assets, to Citadel Securities, a market-leading retail and institutional trading platform that has led the charge in improving trade execution quality and sound market structure.
For over a quarter of a century, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to leading investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations. With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of more than 600 investment professionals deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.
Citadel Securities’ mission is to create the fairest, most efficient and transparent markets in history. Led by the firm’s world-class team, Citadel Securities is one of the world's largest market makers, focused on transforming financial markets globally by providing liquidity across a broad array of fixed income and equity securities. The business’s world class capabilities position it to meet the liquidity demands of a diverse group of institutional clients in all market conditions.
Citadel strives to stand among the most trusted and impactful financial firms of its time, and draw the best and brightest to the firm’s culture of meritocracy that prizes insightful research and analytical rigor. Teams from multiple businesses make their mark every day from the firm’s offices locations across the globe, including Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong, San Francisco, Boston, Dallas, Greenwich, Toronto, Houston, Denver, Shenzhen, Shanghai and Sydney.
About the Opportunity:
Citadel is searching for an experienced Compliance Associate to help support its compliance program in Europe. This hands on role will be based in Citadel’s London office and report to the Chief Compliance Officer for Asset Management Europe. The role will focus on the European businesses of Citadel Asset Management but will also provide support to the European business of Citadel Securities.
The ideal candidate will have experience across several asset classes and demonstrated ability across a number of aspects of the compliance program.
Key overarching responsibilities:
• Providing advisory support to approx. 100 front office staff covering 5 asset management desks (Global Equities/ Fixed Income / Credit / Commodities / Quantitative Strategies):
o Strategic initiatives / business change / New Business Committee requests
o New regulation (2016/17/18 horizon – MAR/STFR/EMIR/4MLD/MiFID II/SM&CR)
• Providing core compliance support:
o Undertaking outside business interests / personal investment / gifts and entertainment reviews o Counterparty onboarding / responding to inbound KYC queries
o Undertaking vendor reviews
o Chaperoning consultant calls / market soundings meetings
o Handling restricted list overrides
o Filing position disclosures
o Maintaining manuals, policies, procedures, risk assessments
o Internal controls checks – locate failures / allocation failures / unapproved counterparties / rule exemptions failures / restricted list structure
o Exchange Management – oversight of trader access, registrations, limits
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree from a highly reputable university, preferable in Law.
• Consistently excellent academic grades.
• Relevant generalist compliance experience across a range of asset classes.
• Experience of Regulatory reporting space – assisting in the analysis and delivery of responses to enquiries.
• Experience in driving change and improvements in the regulatory internal landscape.
• Experience with the design and delivery of internal Compliance training programmes.
• Demonstrable understanding of a global Compliance culture within a Multi-Strategy Firm preferred.
• Monitoring markets interventions – bans / sanctions
• Commercially minded with an ability to actively engage within the business.
• Organised and able to prioritise workload efficiently.
• Proactive, responsive and efficient.
• Resourceful and capable of working autonomously.
• Numerate and capable in electronic trading platforms and IT.
• Strong communication skills.
Closing date: 28 December 2016