Apprentice IT/Media Technicians
The post-holders will report to the Network Manager and will be mentored by an experienced technician or systems manager. The posts will be customer facing, requiring effective communication with colleagues, students and parents.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to staff at the School with respect to all IT and audio visual equipment, and associated software, ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained and stored after and between use.
- Provide classroom and event IT support. This will include open days, assemblies, musical, sporting and drama events, which may take place outside of the school day.
- To make all appropriate preparations for scheduled activity, such as examinations and commercial bookings, including the preparation and setup of equipment and working with staff to ensure efficient operation and customer service with no disruption to lessons.
- To log all support and service requests in the Help Desk system, making every effort to resolve and update tickets within the required service levels.
- To be responsible for the administration of IT accounts and permissions, the processing and edit of web sites and updating content as requested and to maintain documentation, following instruction and best practice.
- To work closely with the Loughborough Endowed Schools' central services teams in the delivery of effective IT provision for all aspects of the Foundation's operations.
- To provide technical support with respect to video broadcast and recording of both internal and external events
- To be responsible for the filming and recording of events as requested.
- To be responsible for the processing and edit of web sites and content and to maintain an archive of digital media as a resource
Education and qualifications
- A minimum of 5 GCSE grades A-C, or equivalent
- 2 A-Levels or comparable vocational qualifications
- A clear interest in the education sector and understanding of information and communication technology
- The ability to confidently use PC, Laptop and tablet computers and peripherals
- Ability to operate audio visual equipment and associated software
- Previous work experience in an IT support role would be advantageous
Skills and abilities
- Efficient and well organised with the ability to work to strict deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and parents
- A high level of self-motivation and problem solving aptitude
- Friendly, professional & outgoing approach
- Good written and verbal communicator
- Good team player
- Prepared to work some evenings & weekends if required
- Monday to Friday with occasional out of hours support for events
- Seven and a half hours per day between the hours of 7:30am and 8:30pm
- One day per week day release at college in accordance with a relevant Level 3/4 training programme.
- Salary will be in line with the apprenticeship national wage (currently from £3.40 per hour) with uplift appropriate to age.