Huws Gray is currently looking for a HGV Driver for our successful builder's merchant in Burscough. We offer a very competitive basic salary depending on attitude and experience plus a lucrative bonus based on results which will be discussed at interview.
Since our formation in 1990, Huws Gray has developed from a single branch in Anglesey to one of the largest independent Builders Merchants in terms of branches. Including our Head Office in Anglesey we currently have over 50 branches stretching from Hay-on-Wye in Herefordshire up to Bolton in the North West and across to Derby in the Midlands.
As our HGV Driver we are offering you the chance to not only join a growing business but also one that offers stability, security within a fun and friendly working environment. Working 45 hours per week guaranteed we will reward you with a competitive hourly wage plus an annual attendance and annual bonus.
Reporting into the Branch Management Team and Huws Gray Transport Managers, as our HGV Driver you are responsible for the following key objectives:
- Providing an effective and reliable multi-drop delivery and collection service to customers and other branches
- The safe and efficient operation of company vehicles
- Ensuring the safe and correct loading of vehicles
- Maintaining all supporting paperwork
- Ensuring that the vehicle is driven and maintained to the standards laid down by the Road Transport / Traffic Legislation, and Company instructions at all times
- Generating sales leads and reporting market information back to branch
- Representing the company when out of the branch and when dealing with customers and the public
- Helping out with general branch duties as and when required and requested by management
- Provide relief cover at other local Huws Gray branches as and when required
To become our HGV Driver you will have the following skills and experience:
- Able to work on your own initiative, but also willing to work as part of a wider team
- A good communicator
- Presentable, approachable, positive and polite
- Motivated, energetic and passionate about your work
- In possession of basic numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Physically fit
In addition to holding the appropriate Category C driving license, previous experience in the operation of HIAB equipment and the transport of hazardous cargo is desirable, but training will be provided in these areas, as well as the provision of training to use our forklift and other mechanical handling equipment.
Closing Date: 19/12/16
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our next HGV Driver then please click 'Apply' today!
Apply for HGV Driver
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly