Validation Chemist, Harrogate
Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for a Validation Chemist to join the Bio-analytical team based in Harrogate, on a full time, permanent basis.
Covance is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. Our people make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
Our Validation Chemist will provide operational support necessary for the conduct of method validation studies carried out in the Bioanalytical Services Department. They will provide support for a variety of studies and will undertake in a wide range of analytical techniques & procedures, including running of the LC-MS/MS systems, working generally with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities of our Validation Chemist include:
- Work closely with Scientists (Study Managers/Technical Experts) to ensure studies are performed according to appropriate scientific and technical standards and in a timely and cost effective manner
- Responsible for the day to day performance of routine validation studies
- May also be involved with method development projects
- Ensure method development activities are fully documented, observing the highest standards of Good Scientific Practice
To become our Validation Chemist you must have the following skills and experience:
- B.Sc. or equivalent. Qualifications may be substituted for relevant work experience.
- Laboratory experience, preferably within a Bioanalysis environment or similar is required as is a good understanding of LC-MS/MS use.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot methodological issues
In return for you hard work as our Validation Chemist, you will receive a competitive salary plus unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities as well as offering unique opportunities for you to develop your technical skills whilst working with a wide range of species.
At Covance, we value all employees equally, because every team member is essential to the success of our group. On top of being valued and respected, the opportunity for progression is excellent – we invest in your development and will help you to progress along whichever career path you choose.
There is no better time to join us! So don’t delay, click ‘Apply’ today to become our Validation Chemist.