Job Elements: -
• Lead the quality department professionally and ensure a culture of continuous improvement is set.
• Maintain and develop the companies Quality Management System (ISO 9001).
• Quality Development of employees across the business.
• Performing internal quality audits.
• Compile documentation (PPAP, PSW, ISIR, IMDS, REACH etc.).
• Champion scrap reduction projects.
• Promptly support quality related production concerns.
• Reduce customer concerns.
• Carry out internal reject analysis and reporting.
• Develop fool-proofing techniques to support quality objectives.
• Promote 5S systems.
• Carry out process audits to ensure standards are raised and maintained.
• Support introduction of good working practice such as 5S, SMED, and Lean Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Engineering/Science or Quality qualifications & background desirable.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar and demanding role.
• Good interpersonal and sociable skills - personable and confident for customer visits.
• Very good use of email/Excel/PowerPoint/Word.
• Good people person who can engage well with shop floor and staff alike.
• Automotive knowledge would be beneficial
• Problem solving techniques, 8D, 5 why’s, Ishikawa
• SAP Knowledge would be beneficial
• Quality Systems include ISO9001
• CMM programming beneficial
• Willing & keen to travel to support other areas of the business (this role will involve frequent travel to other company sites)