Senior Network Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Networking Engineer to join a well established organisation in the heart of Wiltshire.
The ideal candidate will have a natural attention to detail and an understanding of the "bigger picture" of the Networking Industry.
This will involve more than just understanding the technical aspects of their clients' internal network but also extends to understanding common problems that occur as a result of miscommunication, wrong assumptions, red herrings, etc.
The successful candidate is expedcted to be able to determine the facts from all sources of information and be an excellent communicator with customers, colleagues and suppliers alike, appreciating the importance of expectations but being primarily concerned with the facts.
The main body of work revolves around the PPDIOO lifecycle of the core network and projects range from link capacity and switch upgrades to holistic security policy development, testing, deployment and validation.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Lead Network Engineer and discuss the best way to accomplish each task or project that is assigned. A friendly, collaborative atmosphere is essential for sharing knowledge and developing as a team.
* 3 - 5 years previous experience of routing and switching in an ISP or Enterprise network environment
* Working knowledge of VLANs, VRRP, Spanning Tree, ACLs and resolving Layer 1-3 issues
* Any demonstrable experience of Network Design (even of a simple VLAN based network) is favourable
* Must have experience of Command-L:ine configuration of Layer 3 Cisco like equipment
* Must hold a valid CCNA or be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of equivalent experience of working for a Network Servioces Provider
* Candisdates who have passed any of rthe CCNP Router & Switches exams will have an advantage